NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPed 6.0 "Ctrl+/" does not works!

Anyone knows how enable it in 6.0 ???

Unfortunately, the commenting shortcuts haven't worked for me for over a year! I submitted the bug and it was confirmed as an apparent issue with UK keyboard layouts and even asked if I'd be interested in helping run tests to try and resolve the issue.. which I happily agreed to. Nothing else was said on the matter and to this day.. this shortcut combination _still_ fails to work for me Sad

NuSphere are normally pretty good IMO on fixing problems. I've submitted a number of reports over the last couple of years which have been acted upon normally rather quickly.. but alas, this one just seems to linger.

Cheers..

Ian
Site Admin

We have some reports stating otherwise -- the shortcut didn't work before but started working fine in ~ 6028.

As of the nature of the problem, it stems from the run-time library that we use.
Ctrl+/ is what the defult settings have. When you run the IDE for the first time, all shortcuts in text form are translated into a codes and they arestored in the settings. When you press a combination of keys the comming code appears different than what was translated by the library.

I'd recommend you re-assign the shortcut to a different combination, then assign right combination. It always worked before and should work now because library translation is not used -- the codes are taken from what you actually typed.

Hi dmitri..

dmitri wrote:
We have some reports stating otherwise -- the shortcut didn't work before but started working fine in ~ 6028.

As of the nature of the problem, it stems from the run-time library that we use.
Ctrl+/ is what the defult settings have. When you run the IDE for the first time, all shortcuts in text form are translated into a codes and they arestored in the settings. When you press a combination of keys the comming code appears different than what was translated by the library.

I'd recommend you re-assign the shortcut to a different combination, then assign right combination. It always worked before and should work now because library translation is not used -- the codes are taken from what you actually typed.

Thanks for the hint here about re-assigning. I wish someone had explained this a year ago when I first reported the bug.. I now have my (Shift+)Ctrl+/ combination working again!

Didn't think to try that as the shortcut used to work and then just stopped without me changing anything.

Glad to have the combination working again Smile

Cheers..

Ian
PHPed 6.0 "Ctrl+/" does not works!