NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PhpEd 5.6 & PHP5.3 & XDebug

Hi,

I want to use PHP5.3 with PhpEd 5.6 and I want to debug with it.

1. Can I upgrade the PHP version and debugger of PhpEd 5.6 without upgrading PhpEd? If yes, how?
2. If no PHP upgrade of PhpEd possible, then how can I configure PhpEd to use external Webserver and external debugger like Xdebug?
Guru master

I suspect it won't be possible to get PhpED 5.6 working with PHP 5.3 namespaces. Even if it was, I strongly recommend you upgrade to latest PhpED. There were lots of improvements between 5.6 and 5.9.

I've found that the Nusphere dbg module can become unreliable (such as hanging Apache) when old and new versions of PhpED and dbg are mixed. However, when the correct version of the dbg module is used with specific versions of PhpED, I have found it to be very reliable (much more reliable than Xdebug). I'd go as far as saying that in my experience it has been totally reliable.

Xdebug will not work with PhpED; most PhpED users will be happy with that because dbg is so much better. However, you can still edit with PhpED and use Xdebug for debugging by using something like easy Xdebug for Firefox.
PhpEd 5.6 & PHP5.3 & XDebug