NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

Yes !!

Quote:
• Auto Highlight variable - click on PHP variable and the system will highlight all occurrences of this variable in the Editor. Also highlighted are open/close HTML tags

I waited this one for so long, you enlighted my day Wink

Thanks Very Happy
Veteran

Does anyone know if the highlighting is context aware? In NetBeans, the PHP support will highlight only occurrences of the variable within local scope of a function unless the variable was globalised in the code (they also show in the scroll bar where all occurrences are in the file using colours to denote an area where you can scroll to to see the highlighted var.
Veteran

To answer my own question:

The highlighting inside PHP appears to be partially context aware. By partially I mean that:

* highlighting a variable in a function only highlights instances within that function (very useful)
* highlighting a variable outside of a function only highlights instances OUTSIDE the function (very useful)
* highlighting a class variable highlights all instances across the entire class (very cool)
* highlighting a globalised variable inside does NOT highlight instances outside of the function.
* highlighting native PHP functions will highlight all instances of that function inside the file - it would be cool if this worked for functions written by developers.

So far an excellent implementation that I think will help developers alot!

Yup, its a wonderful feature, just needs html tag auto highlighting the matching within smarty files (*.tpl) and settings html files association to list *.tpl, breaks smarty template tags from highlighting, hopefully they fix that soon, then it'll be sweet.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number