NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] debugging php in .html files?

yes i am trying to run the step debugger with php blocks that are embedded in .html files, but phped seems to not allow me to set breakpoints and such with php in .html files.

is there some setting and / or trick that will let me debug this, or do i have to change the whole site over to .php filenames?

thxs,
- mark
View user's profileFind all posts by menriquezSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

It's a common mistake. If your .html files contain php, they are not html at all, but php. Please adjust File Associations: remove *.html from the list for HTML and add it to the appropriate line (either PHP4 or PHP5 depending on the php version you work with)

When a file has an extension .html, the server will typically not parse the PHP code. In other words, everything is seen as HMTL.

Doing the reverse is fine though. You can have a .php file that contains HTML. It may even contain HTML only with no PHP at all.

It is a piece of cake to define .html as a filetype to be parsed with php. In fact you can pretty much make up any extension you want, just updating the webserver config is enough.
So it is possible that html files contain php code. (In fact I have done so myself several times already to hide that php is being used Smile )
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Blizz wrote:
It is a piece of cake to define .html as a filetype to be parsed with php. In fact you can pretty much make up any extension you want, just updating the webserver config is enough.
Indeed, but it could be "expensive" to run all HTML files (including static content) through the PHP parser. Because parsing HTML files as PHP is not the default behaviour, I used the word "typically" in my response Wink

thxs guys, worked like a charm.

phped is the best.

- mark
View user's profileFind all posts by menriquezSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
[resolved] debugging php in .html files?