NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can PhpED use keys to login via SCP?

Hello, I just purchased PhpED after the trial expired and I had found it absolutely invaluable! I'm kind of new to PHP and this application is so intuitive I'm just cranking out code and little apps for my Web sites left and right! I'm glad I found this app.

I was wondering if PhpED supports authentication via SCP using a key? On my linux servers, I have disabled password authentication for SSH. I always use a private key for authentication. So far I didn't see that as an option when adding an account in PhpED. If it doesn't support key authentication perhaps that feature could be added?

Otherwise I have to re-enable password authentication in order to have PhpED connect to my servers, which I'd rather not do because I disabled password auth for security reasons to begin with.

Thanks!

I use Putty and WinSCP to connect to my linux servers. Both support key authentication. I attached a screen shot if it helps:

Last edited by porcupine73 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Ok I feel kind of silly, looking at the image I just posted above there is a tab that says 'keys' on it. Maybe that's what I'm looking for. I will have to experiment to see......

Excellent, I got the keys working. It was a little confusing because I set up the account as an SSH account, but the SSH account never showed up to be able to open/save files from/to. So I added it as an SFTP account also, and that worked with the public key I use with Putty and WinSCP. Thank you!
Can PhpED use keys to login via SCP?