NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Generating xml from php - the PhpEd editor assume html

I'm trying to generate xml that will be sent with appropriate http headers in Joomla. This can be done using a View of xml type but when I try to mix xml and php in the layout file as I would normally do with html and php, the IDE's editor flags up the xml tags as invalid since it expects html tags.

How can I tell the editor I am using php and xml and have it do the language syntax highlighting correctly for that language combination? I tried

TIA,

Nick Weavers
View user's profileFind all posts by nickweaversSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

Nick, by default all php files are recognied as php+html+js+css ones. You have to change type to XML in the bottom.

Thanks Dmitri,

I did try that, but I could not seem to do a multiple select on PHP and XML (tried holding down CTRL when doing the select), so choosing XML mean I got no PHP syntax highlighting. Is there away to do multiple selects to achive a different mix than the default php+html+js+css?
View user's profileFind all posts by nickweaversSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

Sorry no, mix of xml+php is not supported in current version.
Only js+php, css+php, html+css+js+php and smarty+php are currently supported.