NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Save button vanished once saved

Hi.

I just migrated to phped from eclipse, one (small) thing that bugs me is that when I press 'save all' the 'save all' button disappears (greys out). However, when I press 'save' the 'save' button does not disappear. I like the vanishing save buttons, it gives a nice bit of visual feedback that the operation has actually happened (I tend to use ctrl+s instead of actually clicking). Can this be altered?

Regards,

Tim
Site Admin

This is not a bug. It is an intended behaviour (or feature if you prefer this term).
When you see "save all" greyed out, it means that all are saved. But still you can press "save" for current file and it will save the file and while its contact on the disk will not be altered, the file date/time stamp will be changed. In some cases it's important.

To make sure that your "changes" are saved, you may check "*" (asterisk) sign next to the file name in the tab. Also, all the asterisks are shown in the file list popup (see dropdown button on the left to [x] close button in the tab area)

Oh I didn't really think it was a bug, more of a missing feature. I still can't see that this really makes sense though, what if you wanted to update the timestamp on all your current files? The 'save all' button is missing for that case. I don't think that wanting to update all timestamps will come up often at all, but similarly, I can't think of a single time when updating a file timestamp would have been useful (to me anyway). It just seems a bit inconsistent. If the 'save all' button didn't grey out then I probably wouldnt have given the matter any thought.

I noticed the asterisk shorty after I made the post, that vanishing is good enough for me
Site Admin

Quote:
I noticed the asterisk shorty after I made the post, that vanishing is good enough for me

great!