NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
FTP Profiles

Howdy,

Currently the way we limit what files upload is we click on the folders properties then specify the files we want to allow or disallow. This has two drawbacks. One: Every time you want to limit what you upload you need to click 2x for subfolders or 3x for root folder. Two: You have to do this every time you need to limit the type of files to be uploaded.

My suggestion:

Provide ftp profiles. These are presaved configurations that the user can edit. For example I can have multiple file filter groups. I can have one for just images, another for php pages and still another for html pages and on and on. Then when I am ready to upload I could just right click on the folder(s) that I wish to upload and choose my ftp profile. THis seems to be much easier to me.

Jeff
Site Admin

probably you store php, html and image files in different subdirectories, then clicking on them with Smart-Upload would do the trick? no?

dmitri wrote:
probably you store php, html and image files in different subdirectories, then clicking on them with Smart-Upload would do the trick? no?

I suppose it would, but I don't believe I have inherited such a scenario where all the files are nice and neatly organized as that.

Jeff
Veteran

You can set project-wide excludes by opening the Project Properties dialogue, and then clicking the Properties button. Maybe that will take away some of your pain?

anno wrote:
You can set project-wide excludes by opening the Project Properties dialogue, and then clicking the Properties button. Maybe that will take away some of your pain?

Hi Anno,

Yep I already use that feature. My suggestion was simply a way of making the feature more efficient. Instead of going to product properties and changing your filters every time, why not have preset configurations so that you can just right click and choose one. I am a programmer it is our job to be lazy so we can make things more efficient. Thus my thought process, I work hard at being lazy Razz hehhe

Jeff
Veteran

Quote:
I am a programmer it is our job to be lazy
Well, we can't all be perfect Laughing