NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[help] Azeri letters and PhpED

Hi all. Thanks for best PHp editor. But i've problem with unicode, Azeri letters. Plz look at the . The same sentence at Emeditor showing correct, but with NuSphere only (????) question marks Sad I configured PhpEd with UTF-8 encoding, but cannt type Azeri letters correct. I read whole topics with problem unicode , but my problem not solved. please help. Thanks.
Veteran

I wonder if changing to another font (Tools / Settings / Editor / Appearance) that has a different character set will help? Your picture appears to use the same font (Courier New?) as PhpED though.

I believe that the sorce file you're editing is not in UTF-8. Please try to set System-Default-Encoding and compare.

Thanks for reply.
Quote:
I wonder if changing to another font (Tools / Settings / Editor / Appearance) that has a different character set will help? Your picture appears to use the same font (Courier New?) as PhpED though.

I change it to another character set. But Only this Courer New Support Azeri unicode. Sad

Quote:
I believe that the sorce file you're editing is not in UTF-8. Please try to set System-Default-Encoding and compare.

Thanks for answer to. The first variable just typed in EmEditor, then I copy and paste into NuSphere, the second variable just typed in PHpEditor. The same letters, but not same results Sad
Site Admin

Does EmEditor support unicode?
Would you please try Microsoft WordPad? It's known to work good in many cases.

On another hand, I tried unicode samples from many sources, including this page http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode-example.html and pasted text in PhpED looked the same as on the original text. Would you please try this too?

With WordPad no problem. All correct. Look at pic:

I test with Visual Express 2008. All Correct.

Yes, EmEditor supports unicode. PhpEditor supports only copy paste. If I ll paste words, letters from another unicode supported editor ( such as EmEditor, WordPad) just all ok. But when I type it on PhpED , not correct characters. I test it with 3 computers. The same problem.

Thx for spended your gold time for me and sorry for my poor English Smile
Site Admin

Quote:
But when I type it on PhpED...

So it seems like we have a problem with keyboard input.
I'm not familiar how it happens with Azeri windows (or whatever). I know that with Chineese, Japanees or Korean, they use IME and it's fully supported by PhpED. What's about your case? How do you type non-latin Azeri letters in say WordPad? What windows settings are used? What have you set as a System Code page for non-unicode applications? It may affect ANSI characters the IDE gets in the regular keyboard input events (non-IME input).

dmitri wrote:
What have you set as a System Code page for non-unicode applications?

Russian language. Cause, many applications uses this language. If switch it to another language , most of texts, window titles, buttons will be unreadeble. BTW Windows NotePad supports Azeri unicode too, if change default font at Notepad to Arial (Courier New , Tahoma , Palatino Linotype, Lucida Sans Unicode). Confused BTW my Windows XP in Russian language.
Site Admin

Quote:
Windows NotePad supports Azeri unicode too

Very Happy "Azeri unicode" Very Happy
something new there Smile Never heard of this kind of unicode Smile
AFAIK unicode is a transnational standard and is supposed to support them all.
If we talk about PhpED, there are no problems with unicode. You confirmed that all letters of your interest are properly displayed in the IDE when you pasted them from the clipboard. What we may have is a problem with keyboard input and seems it's because the default code page to Cyrillic Azeri vs Latin Azeri.
We'll look into this problem and will try to fix it in the next version.

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
Windows NotePad supports Azeri unicode too

Very Happy "Azeri unicode" Very Happy
something new there Smile

Yes, shamy for me Embarassed I want to write Azeri char-s. Smile Ok. Thx for help. Thx for time. I gonna to copy & paste with nuSpere and make game script in Azeri unicode Smile
[help] Azeri letters and PhpED