NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
SRV Web server and php.ini

Hi everybody Smile

I've got a little problem with the local server (SRV), I've tried to change the php.ini using the setting windows, tab Tool/External Tools.
But if the modifications are well made in the php.ini file itself, they are not in the SRV.

I even try to remove all php.ini from my computer, restart it, but the SRV still launch without any error.
I also tried to found this error in this forum but I didn't find anything.

Is someone have any idea about what's going one?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Site Admin

Did you check path to php.ini you entered in the input? With default value, it does not necessarily point to php.ini you're using. At least you might use php4 while by default it points to php.ini in php5.

Yes I do have checked.
I even have created others php.ini files in differents locations and linked phped to them. I also tried to remove every php.ini files from all my partition... but still I don't have any errors when I launch the SRV server and a default configuration is set with basic php extension... just drive me crazy Sad

Thanks for your answer.
Site Admin

hmm, what you did is not correct. Why do you expect errors in SRV??? If all php.ini are removed, php will work fine with all extensions built in and no problems are expected to be in SRV.

Please read steps outlined below:
php.ini should be located in php's directory.
please have it there. Then run phpinfo() and make sure your php.ini is picked up. Just compare path to php.ini shown in phpinfo() output with php directory.

For example, if you have installed phped into c:\program files\nusphere\phped\ and selected to install both php4 and php5 (default installation options), your php.ini for php5 is c:\program files\nusphere\phped\php5\php.ini and php.ini for php4 is c:\program files\nusphere\phped\php\php.ini. Depending on file associations (tools->settings->file associations) PhpED and SRV will select either php4 or php5 for serving files with .php extensions.

hope it helps.