NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Spell-check
Veteran

It'd be great if the IDE supported inline spell-checking of HTML documents as well as manual checking of any selected text (so that we can check things like PHP strings) . It would save me the occasional embarrassment of misspelled words on pages Smile.

Does Windows offer any sort of built-in spell-checker that the IDE could put to use? Or are there any good open-source ones out there for Windows that are licensed in such a way that they could be integrated with PhpED? I think I remember Aspell being available for Win32, but I don't know about its license. Of note, though, Apple has made Aspell an integral part of OS X and wrapped a nice API around it, and Bare Bones has managed to get it to work in BBEdit just as I describe above. So, if Aspell's license permits such use, it may be a good option for PhpED, too.

BTW, PhpED help says that the included version of CSE HTML Validator Lite can check spelling. However, when I selected CSE Validator -> Validate -> Spell check from contextual menu in the Workspace tab, I got an error telling me that that feature isn't available in the Lite version. (Even if it were, having to run a separate command that can only do the whole file, and only HTML files at that, doesn't really meet my needs, although it would be okay as a temporary workaround.)
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Oh yes, this will be a nice addition. Spell checking of PHP strings and comments, and text inside HTML.