NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code completion for constants
Veteran

Many PHP functions, such as htmlentities(), take constants for certain parameters. Remembering all these constants is virtually impossible for my memory-challenged brain, which means I get to look in the docs virtually every time. It would be great if PhpED could at least list the constants in its function help pop-up, and even better, if it could actually do code-completion for them.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

I second Bob's suggestion. Code completion for PHP's built-in constants and also for superglobals like $_SERVER would be most welcome.

I third the suggestion! It's funny, I used the EXACT same example when I requested that hitting the f1 key while within the parens of a function open the php manual to the function (turns out phped does do this, but you have to be on the function name, now within the parens). specifically because i can never remember all the defined constant arguments for the different functions. So, I like this request even better!
Code completion for constants