NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Display problem with Lucide Console font
Veteran

My favourite monospaced font is Lucida Console. It works really nicely at 8pt or 9pt in my text editor, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, Outlook and just about anywhere else. However, PhpED does not seem to like it...

1. On the Appearance settings dialog, Lucida Console does not appear on the font list with Monospaced fonts checked
  2. When I do use Lucida Console, the character display is poor. Some characters are clipped.

My guess is that the two issues are related -- PhpED does not recognize Lucida Console as a monospaced font and subsequently does not render it correctly.

I hope this is something that can be fixed without too much trouble.

Thanks,
Stephen[/list]
View user's profileFind all posts by annoSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

it's not a monospaced font. Please see screenshot below:

regarding clipped out characters, I could not replicate the problem. PhpED renders text exactly like WordPad:

You are correct! Well sort of...

I have been under the impression that Lucida Console is a monospaced font because I use it with success in Dreamweaver and PSPad (text editor). After playing with Lucida Console in MS Word, I could see that it was not behaving different to what I expected.

I found that Lucida Console is indeed monospaced when using normal and italic text. However, when using bold text (something we want to do in PhpED) a slightly wider character spacing is used. That explains your screenshot -- the behaviour in PhpED is consistent with that in MS Word.

No bug here. Sorry for wasting you time. Embarassed