NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Suggestions for php.ini
Veteran

After a fresh install of PhpED, the php.ini for SVR may need some tweaking:

• The max_execution_time = 300 could be too short for debugging complex problems. Consider an even longer value. Yes, I know Apache or IIS may impose limits too.
  • If running on Windows and you plan to debug local scripts that send email, the sendmail_from value (and also SMTP and smtp_port) should not be left empty.

The PhpED installer could perhaps make these settings and save users some trouble Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by annoSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
max_execution_time = 300

with debugger this settings impose the limit for the time that one step may take. If for example you press StepOver and stepped operator (part of script) takes longer than 300 seconds, it will be aborted. If it takes less than 300 seconds, limit will have no effect. I'd also mention that this limit is not accumulated.

Quote:
If running on Windows and you plan to debug local scripts that send email, the sendmail_from value (and also SMTP and smtp_port) should not be left empty.
correct, but if you use SMTP server, it's up to you which one to use. Personally I use gmail. How would installer guess this?

Quote:
with debugger this settings impose the limit for the time that one step may take. If for example you press StepOver and stepped operator (part of script) takes longer than 300 seconds, it will be aborted. If it takes less than 300 seconds, limit will have no effect. I'd also mention that this limit is not accumulated.
I did not know this.

Quote:
correct, but if you use SMTP server, it's up to you which one to use. Personally I use gmail. How would installer guess this?
Code:
 You make a good point. I have IIS with its SMTP server installed locally, thus localhost, port 25 and my own email address are what I use.

I agree, there is not much that the installer can do better here ;)