NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
synchronization + deleting differing files

Hi.

This Smart Sync is not bad but it does all the job silently.
It would be good to have a feature to see all the files to upload and download before the process.
So i see in log what will happen and then i click Action.

Also nice would be synchronization with deleting.
I mean i select Sync and Delete local or Delete Remote.
So i have locally 5 files and on server there are 7 files and when i checck that i want to delete remotly it deletes the 2 files i dont have remotly.
This way when i do something locally like deleting files and renaming files now it will not affect the files that will left as garbage on remote server.
And it would be good to clean them so i have exact the same remotly as locally.

Tom

Yes, I agree, we need the sync to actually work properly, I think this is a bug!

When using smart sync upload, and you deleted a file locally, it should definitely remove it remotely too. That would be proper syncing.

You could unintentionally leave an accident unsecured file up, because you renamed it or something, could lead to possibly security risks.

It also should tell u or warn you that it does not delete remote files that you deleted locally, so atleast you know, I wasn't aware of it until I ssh'd into one of my sites and I was like what the heck!

Please get this fixed as soon as possible, or even make an option on the right click file menu to "delete remote & local" or something to solve it.

thanks.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number

Can we get any update or word on this issue please? *bump*
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Site Admin

yep, it's an interesting FR. Although I can't guarantee when and if it will be implemented.