NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Questions on SRV settings and ~username in url...

I have a quick couple of questions. I am new to using phped and am trying to find a couple of things.

1) I am unclear on what the "server mappings" are in the "Tools-->Mappings->SRV Web Server" screen. Can someone give me a good example of their usage and effect??

2) I tried to edit php.ini to allow for ~username in the url. It seems to have no effect. Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you.

Suzanne
Site Admin

server mapping works only if you use regular URLs, for example http://localhost:8080/somedir/somefile.php, You can have /somedir/ mapped to a physical directory other than specified in the server's document root directory.

In case of "file-based" URLs like this one http://localhost:8080/file:/c/program%20files/nusphere/phped/projects/project1/somefile.php those server mappings have nothing to do.

Regarding ~username, I'm not sure I got you. Why would php.ini have to do anything with usernames?

Thanks for the help. I tried setting the server mapping so that I could access documents (using a regular url) in directories other than the document root. I must have done something wrong because it didn't seem to work. I couldn't find a good description of how to use the feature.

I must have been confused because I saw a reference to "usern_ame = " in the php.ini file and forgot that is an apache setting not a php setting. In apache (httpd.conf):

# UserDir: The name of the directory that is appended onto a user's home
# directory if a ~user request is received. Be especially careful to use
# proper, forward slashes here. On Windows NT, "Personal/My Website"
# is a more appropriate choice.
#
UserDir "My Documents/My Website"

In your php.ini file I saw:

user_dir =

and got confused. I know this is an apache setting.

How would one set this in PHPEd??

I guess I will play around some more with the server mapping to see if I can get it to work. I was using regular urls but it didn't work for me.

Thanks for your help

Suzanne Vogt
Site Admin

I'd need more details on what you did, what you got and what you expected to get