NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Auto File upload Sync?

Hi,
Just wondering if there is a way to have the SHIFT+CTRL+S to happen automatically when I save a file locally?

I am currently publishing to a SFTP directory and when debugging I end up doing SHIFT+CTRL+S a lot in order for the debugger to have the latest file after I make changes to it.

If there is no way to do this, please consider adding it as a option.

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
Home of Lightning Admin for PostgreSQL and MySQL
Veteran

It's not a solution to your problem (which I share), but a workaround until NuSphere addresses this is to use ctl-shift-S to save your file rather than ctl-S. When you do this, it saves the file locally and then uploads it. It won't work the first time you save the file, though, but after that, you can get away with a single key combination instead of two.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

I'm not sure what should be addressed there. If you opened a file from an SFTP account and press Ctrl-S, it will save file to the remote host from which the file originates. If you open a file from a local disk and press Ctrl-S, it will again save it to the disk where the file originates from. It is a consistent and expected behaviour, isn't it?
Ctrl-Shift-S stands for uploading which is copies local file you have opened to the remote location (where might be no files at all).

The thing is, we have to have local copies of the files for debugging, which always uses the local versions. As a result, when use of the debugger is planned, it doesn't make much sense to open the remote file via SFTP, but instead open the local file and just keep saving it remotely. This is where the problem lies. It'd be great to have an option to automatically upload local files whenever they're saved, as if the user had pressed ctrl-s and then ctrl-shift-s.

Actually, it'd be nice if this feature worked in both directions. With the local/remote mappings, it should be possible to open a remote or local file, and have its local or remote sibling automatically saved whenever a save is done. In this way, both files would be up-to-date without worrying about which version is open or where it's going to save.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Auto File upload Sync?