NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] DNS stopped working

Hello,

today in the morning I successfully installed remote debugger on VPS. I also could debug via SSH connection. But strangely after installing and using for a while the debugger the DNS of the website stopped working. It can't be open anymore by it's name, only using IP's address. I am not 100% sure that it was related with debugger installation, but like I said, DNS went down after debugger was installed. Do you any ideas on that?

Thank you,

Julius
Site Admin

Did you drink coffee just before it went down? I think coffee might have much more influence on your DNS than php debugger Smile

Thanks for funny a reply from a professional. Unfortunately I never drink coffee, but yesterday the weather was a little strange maybe that confused DNS? By coincidence, dns did stop working after installing the debugger, and I wanted to be sure that debugger had nothing to do with that. Thank you!
Site Admin

it's the first place for attackers, I mean DNS servers. Finally, you could just try to restart it before posting Smile
Please don't hesitate to post there your findings when you resolve the issue with DNS.

Thank you for your help Dmitri. DSN is working again. Your answer about coffee was really helpful. I could use that as a confirmation that DNS went down not because of my installation. We asked a Linux guy to find where a problem was and here is a part of his answer: "The reason for this is quite simple - you had illegal format of the SOA line in the DNS zone". There was a wrong token there. (name\.surname@email.com instead of name.surname@email.com).

However, if that was a reason I wonder why did it keep working for a month and then suddenty went down?!

Thank you!
Site Admin

probably it didn't work right from the beginning but your client DNS cache running by Windows XP helped you believing it works during all this month.