NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Mapping needed when downloading from FTP

Hi there

We've just purchased PhpEd and it's a great IDE, most likely the best for PHP at all. Thanks for the good work!

I encountered the following problem:

I have a TYPO3 installation on the server (installed via SSH) and because a TYPO3 installation has a few thousand files i only want the files in the local project that i am really working on.
So i tried to download a few files from the FTP, but PhpEd asked me where to store them. I think because of the mapping settings, PhpEd should (recursively) know where to save them.
Once they are downloaded and i'm using the workspace this works as expected (PhpEd knows where to up/download files which are already in the project).
Because i regulary download single files from the FTP, this behaviour is really annoying.

Is this a bug? A missing feature? Or am i doing someting wrong (e.g. incorrect mapping settings)??

tnx & greets
marcel
Site Admin

Do you invoke "download" from Explorer popup? In this case PhpED knows nothing what you're going to do with file. You'd try "Download" from the Workspace popup.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Yes from the Explorer popup. I would expect PhpEd to map the FTP file according to the mapping settings in the currently active project. I cannot download from the workspace as long as the file only exists on the FTP. Could you please consider this for a future version? It's really vital for us (and i guess for everyone who uses PhpEd in the TYPO3 environment).

Hi

Since you moved this thread to the feature request forum, am i guessing right, that you considered this for a future release?

Is there a public list of planned features/fixes with priorities?
Site Admin

Regarding this
Quote:
Yes from the Explorer popup. I would expect PhpEd to map the FTP file according to the mapping settings in the currently active project

we'll think about it.

Quote:
Is there a public list of planned features/fixes with priorities?

Sorry, we never publish such things before they are done.

Mapping for Explorer's download will be implemented in build 4626.

Fantastic, tnx a lot!

Hi there

It's really cool to see that feature requests actually get implemented!
Thanks a lot for that!

But in this case, I'm not yet fully satisfied.

The improvement you implemented does not really help, if the desired file is in a remote direcory that does not yet exist locally.
And thats exactly the case when I install a TYPO3 Extension and want to download just a single file from a new remote directory.

Dreamweaver does this nicely, it even creates whole directory trees (if needed) to correctly map a remote file when downloading.

I know, this breaks your current implementation with the standard "Windows Choose Folder Dialog", because it displays only existing directories.
The Dreamweaver approach is not really transparent to the user, because it does everything in the background.

A solution in between would be great: flexible, transparent to the user, but including the ability to let PhpED automatically create the needed directories.
Any ideas?

PS: Keep up the great work!
Mapping needed when downloading from FTP