NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Autoclosing brackets and quotes new behavior and ....

It would be nice if autoclosing work like in Zend Studio.
I mean if you put in your code "(" PHP Ed will automagicly put closing ")", but if you typing name of function with no arguments it's faster to put "()" then tu put "(" and then pressing right arrow key to place cursor after ")".

In Zend Studio if you put "(" autoclosing option will put ")" but if next char you type is also ")" cursor just jumps over the bracket.

Another thing are code templates. Now if I type "fekv" for foreach with key and values cursor is placed on first field to fill, but then you have to use arrow keys or mouse to set $key and $value, it would be great if you could just press TAB key to get to another field (like in Zend Studio)

Best regards
Jacek

I agreed on that one.

I was trying to migrate from using Zend Studio to this phpEd
but I had this problem about auto complete.

It would be nice if this editor can do such autocomplete thingie as in Zend studio .. .
Site Admin

PhpED has this feature available from the beginning (2000-2001).
You just need to turn Auto Close Brackets on. See tools->settings->editor settings.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

dmitri wrote:
PhpED has this feature available from the beginning (2000-2001).
You just need to turn Auto Close Brackets on. See tools->settings->editor settings.

I guess your answer is not to my post, but for the next one. I know there is option auto close bracket - but the thing is, I'd like IDE to jump over auto-inserted bracket if I type this barcket also by myself (by mistake).

Best regards
wengosh
Site Admin

right.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Autoclosing brackets and quotes new behavior and ....