NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
adding a new language with syntax HL

hi there,

i like the editor very much but i have a question that has not been answered yet: Is it possible to add another "language" to the Settings -> Editor -> Syntax Colors language list to create my own hightlighting definition?
Of course that includes the question how to add another file type to the Settings -> IDE -> Associations list.
I went to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PhpED5.0\Associations" and added a key "typoscript" and set its value to ".ts" but as soon as i start phped it removes this value from the registry again (and it does of course not appear in the association list).

I search the forums but could not find anything. Maybe i searched for the wrong keywords...
So if i missed something or if there is a way to add a language, let me know.

Btw: If adding a language is possible, i will share my typoscript syntax scheme with you Wink

thanks a lot
christoph
Site Admin

if I get it right, typoscript is not a script at all but rather something like ini file with settings?

not entirely. something like a mix of both Smile
there is not much to be highlighted though, but still some basic HL would help, especially if you have a big template file.
but never the less i'd like to know if it is possible to add own associations and language by myself.

btw: a co-worker uses ultra edit and created a syntax hl definition that looks like that:

Me too :-)

I would also be interested wether it is possible to customize the code highlighting somewhere for certain file types. We use a lot of YAML here and here we would really like some simple highlighting.
adding a new language with syntax HL