NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Forced smart-download

Is there any way of forcing the smart-download?

If I change 1 char from A -> B in a remote-file and download it and then do the same thing with just a few seconds delay the smart-download will be cancelled since the date and size is the same.
Veteran

Just FYI - simple FTP/SFTP download/upload are available from the Explorer menu - you can use it if you want to enforce the download/upload. FTP account is also visible there. does it help? Thanks

well, when i choose download from the "explorer" i have to pick a place to download to, which is not what i want to do, i want to do it quickly.

binding - ctrl+shift+D to "smart-sync-download" with the ability to force the download would be efficient. or even better, if the smart-sync could compare contents would be even smarter =)

dreamweaver has this feature when working with remote files and local copies. in "remote-mode" double-clicking a file will download the file and tell you if the file has changed and ask if you want to open the local or remote file.

it seems like the timestamp don´t care about seconds...

correcting a typo and using smart-upload with a recently uploaded file will fail as well, but then you have the "Upload file" feature without the "smartness".
Site Admin

whenever you upload a file using FTP service, server will update file datetime stamp with server's own time. It brings many problems if server is not time-synchronized or if your workstation is not synchronized. Indeed, if server's time is 9:00:00 and your workstation is just 5minues ahead (9:05:00) and you upload your local file that is just modified, you'll get remote file older than the local one (9:00:00).
It does not happen with SFTP where date/time stamp is updated from the workstation.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I´m sorry I didn´t give this info, I am using SFTP.

I´m not sure I´have made myself clear.

My workstation has the exact same date/time - even the seconds match.
If i save a file, use smart-upload (sftp), it will upload. But if i correct a typo just a few seconds after that and try to upload it will fail.
I will be the same if i download a file using smart-download (sftp), but if change the a typo on the server after just a few seconds and tries to download it will fail.

If its not the time/date-settings, since they are the same, what could I be missing?

What I´m really saying is, I want to be able to Download a file the same way as I can right click on a file and pick "Upload", without beeing forced to specify a download-location. Maybe this is possible but I have not found been able to find it.
Site Admin

Oh, well, we'll check what's up with this. "Smart" should work. It compares time and makes decision if time difference is more than 5 seconds (probably should be configurable).
Regarding forced Smart or simle "Download" for files in the project, I agreed, it's a must have and we'll add it.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Oh, well, we'll check what's up with this. "Smart" should work. It compares time and makes decision if time difference is more than 5 seconds (probably should be configurable).
Regarding forced Smart or simle "Download" for files in the project, I agreed, it's a must have and we'll add it.

Wonderful! Very Happy
Forced smart-download