NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
SFTP Folders Created Without Execute Permissions (4.0/4062)

Using SFTP (with build 4062) I have the problem that any directory created does not have any execute permissions, thus I can not view the directory. I have confirmed that the umask for the user is 22, and creating a directory via ssh using the same user and directory results in directories that are executable. Any help would be appreciated!
Site Admin

We upgraded to newer ssh components in PhpED version 4.5. I'd highly recommend you to upgrade to PhpED 4.6. It's where you'll be able to set default file and directory permissions.
As of 4.0, it can't befixed in this version and the only way for you is to right click on just created directory, select properties and adjust permissions everytime you create a new one.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Unfortunately the solution you provided won't work for me since I need to upload a whole directory structure that contains many nested folders, so it would take me hours to upload each directory, set the permissions, and then have to upload the children directories.

I take it you are no longer providing bugfixes for the 4.0 version?

I very much doubt that the upgrade to 4.6 will be justified since I don't use any of the debugging features of PHPEd. I may just have to wait until the next major version and see what features are supported then.
Site Admin

using ssh terminal you can run something like below
cd blahblahblah
find . -type d|xargs chmod 750

it will set permissions to 750 for all the sub-directories of the current one.

BTW, why don't you use debugging features?
what's the most important feature of PhpED for you then?

(BTW upgrade would cost only $59)...
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

The problem with using a recursive chmod is that the folders can't be uploaded until the parent folder has been chmodded. For example:

Code:

/myfolder/
    /folder1/
        /folder1.1/
            /folder1.1.1/
                /folder1.1.1.1/
    /folder2/
        /folder2.1/
    /folder3/

If I try to upload the folder "myfolder" it fails when it tried to upload folder1, folder2, and folder3. So I would have to chmod myfolder, and I could upload folder1-3. Then I try uploading again and it fails trying to upload folder1.1, so I chmod folder1. Then is fails on folder1.1.1, so I chmod folder1.1. So when I have a complete directory structure to upload, I have to upload one level at a time and chmod the folders for each level. As you can see, it starts taking quite a bit of time the larger the directory structure is.

I do appreciate the suggestion though.

--------

I actually find the most important features of PHPEd for me (in order) to be:

1. Project functionality (being able to define local and remote folders and upload an arbitrary file with a single key-command), this is similar to Dreamweaver's site functionality
2. Code insight for my code. It saves immense amounts of time to just start tying the name of class I have written and be presented with all the methods and arguments.
3. Being able to access arbitrary files on any of my FTP/SFTP accounts. (not available in Dreamweaver)
4. Integrated database client. I can run SQL without having to open up a terminal and open the database client on the server.
5. Terminals. These are useful to have in the IDE, although a few more features would be nice. I would love to have an easier copy/paste (without having to use menu) and to be able to define custom colors.

The only "missing" features that make it just shy of a perfect IDE for me are code folding and regex replacement that supports newlines.

I have never used the local web server (and thus the debugger) since a reasonable amount of code I work with relies on linux-specific features of PHP.

--------

I did not realize it was only $59. For some reason I had thought is was $119. Perhaps the SFTP issue and the new javascript color syntax would be worth the upgrade.[/code]
Site Admin

thanks for all the details.
BTW, if you run linux for php, why don't you debug your code remotely?
Check out our flash-demo that shows it Smile
SFTP Folders Created Without Execute Permissions (4.0/4062)