NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
V4.5 and PEAR Connection

Hello,

I've just installed v4.5 and PHP that's been running in previous versions of PHPEd suddenly won't play. The source still works in real browsers and IE, but in PHPEd v4.5 PEAR won't connect to its database. I have this sort of source:

$conn =& DB::connect ($my_dsn);

After attempting to connect $conn is a DB_Error object. I'll not fill the forum with its contents, but the meat seems to be:

"DB Error: connect failed"
["userinfo"]=>
string(208) " [nativecode=Unable to complete network request to host "localhost". Failed to locate host machine. Undefined service gds_db/tcp.] ** ibase://MY_LOGIN:my_password@localhost/G:/Apache2/htdocs/Vendor/FDB/Vendor.FDB"

IOW, it seems to have lost track of the fact that it's running on localhost.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Alan.
Site Admin

As far as I understood from your post, you encountered problems with running your PHP code. It's my understanding that this code works good in one environment and does not "under IDE". If so, please describe the environment the code works in. In particular, do you use Apache or IIS, what version and so forth.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
As far as I understood from your post, you encountered problems with running your PHP code. It's my understanding that this code works good in one environment and does not "under IDE". If so, please describe the environment the code works in. In particular, do you use Apache or IIS, what version and so forth.

That's right. It's worked in PHPEd up until the upgrade and it still works in browsers. I'm using Apache 2, PHP 5.1.2 on a Win2K SP4 box. The database happens to be Firebird, but I don't think that's an isssue. In the IDE the script complains that it can't locate localhost.

Alan.
Site Admin

probably you forget to set Run mode to HTTP/3rd party web server and/or setup project properties accordingly.

anyway, PhpED does not bring PEAR with it and can't affect your environgment so dramatically Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
probably you forget to set Run mode to HTTP/3rd party web server and/or setup project properties accordingly.

Aha, it seems that installing the upgrade changed this setting; thanks.

I'm still not out of the woods. When I try to run the debugger I now see:

...........................................................................................................

DBG 2.18.5

Failed to run DBG session

Reason: debugger module version mismatch. Client expects version 2.20, installed module version 2.18
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

Debugger request: "387871747357800005;d=1,p=0,c=1"
Request found in: "query_string"
Target PHP version: "5.1.1"
Server API: "Apache 2.0 Handler"
Extensions API: "220051025"
Modules API: "20050922"
PHP API: "20041225"

...........................................................................................................

That suggests it wants me to download a new debugger dll, ie for some reason PHPEd and its debugger modules are separate downloads. OK, but on the "My Updates" page of your site the highest version number for the debugger is 2.18.5. How do I acquire version 2.2?

Alan.
Veteran

Hi Alan, dbg.dll is under PhpED/debugger/server/<your server platform>-which is Windows in your case/i686
Veteran

One more useful post when it comes to the debugger extension: http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-install-debugger-module-t576.html
Please let us know how it works out - thanks!

yfaktor wrote:
One more useful post when it comes to the debugger extension: http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-install-debugger-module-t576.html
Please let us know how it works out - thanks!

Sorry, I'm not at my most perceptive at four in the morning. I've remembered the paradigm, copied the new dll across, it runs again, and Smarty tempates look great. Thanks for your help.

Alan.
V4.5 and PEAR Connection