NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Improve the DB-Form Plug-in ?
Veteran

Hi,

1) First of all, I just want to testimony how great is PHPEd (for me up to now, THE best IDE worldwide for PHP/HTML developping) and how I got my boss completely crazy by talking over and over to get it purchased.

2) As for my request, I was quite a little disappointed by the DB-Fom plug-in. Indeed, when opening the DB Browser, I unfortunately noticed that none of the fields (in table structure of data tabs) are editable. It is necessary to use the SQL queries to modify the table structure/data. Are you planning to improve your plugin to enable us to quickly change a column name or data, or even insert/delete a column, a row... ? Otherwise, do u know if there is another plugin that I could use within PHPEd, which would enable me to do this, instead of using external tools ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Site Admin

thanks for your words.

regarding db-client, that's a nature of SQL servers. Everything can be done only with SQL queries. It should be DDL in case of renaming fields.
For simple tasks like drop index, drop tables etc we wrote statements and put them in popup menu. You may want to add your own, see tools->settings->integration.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Thanks for your quick reply.

But how can I use the "tools->settings->integration" when I need to add an interactive dynamic parameter ? For example, if I want to rename a field, will it be possiblein a future version (since I'm quite sure it's impossible in the current build) to enable commands that appears in the context menu to wait for a user input ?
Site Admin

I meant it's useful for simple tasks that do not require UI.
BTW are you renaming fields so often?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Improve the DB-Form Plug-in ?