NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
shift and control in the project tree
Veteran

It would be nice to have shift and control to behave as expected. Holding in shift with a start and end point should select all files in between the two points while holding in control would toggle the individual files selected and non-selected.

Right now control and shift individually select files like control should but do not de-select..so right now it behaves like neither should Sad
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Unfortunately, it depends on controls used in development. Each one has its own pros and cons...
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Well, the left control looks exactly like a CTreeCtrl with custom + and - graphics. Implimenting the functionality stated should be pathetically easy...
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

no. It is VirtualTreeView, a multicolumn implementation of treeview written fully from scratches.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

LOL if its from scratch...well i'm not going to go there Smile Please consider this functionality.

Thanks.
Site Admin

yes from scratch. Do you know any Tree-alike component by Microsoft that is multi-column ?
Veteran

You don't understand...i was going to say...if its from scratch, then it should be just that much easier to incorporate the functionality requested. As far as multi-column treectrls from microsoft..bleck! All i can say is www.thecodeproject.com is your friend Smile
I agree

I was kind of confused as to why holding shift selected the files the same way as control.. with every program I've ever used, if you can select more than one file, you can use Shift to select start/stop points to select a group of files and then control to select/deselect single ones... your program doesn't do that as expected..
I second that

Yes!!

Need to standardize shift (range select) and control (toggle select) keys. Much more useful that way!!

Thanks,
Zany Dog
View user's profileFind all posts by Zany DogSend private messageVisit poster's website
shift and control in the project tree