NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
key shortcuts
deltener

would be nice if i could assign Alt+O, Alt+C, Alt+H to some commands....Since those are keyboard accelerators for the actual edit dialog box, it isn't possible Sad
Site Admin

What actions would you like to assign to those shortcuts ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
deltener

In my current dev invironment (microsoft visual studio) i have
Alt+C for close current document

Alt+S for save current document
Alt+V for view current document

so my options are either change all 3 or assign the last 2 but have a different one for close..either way it seems stupid i can't use whatever alt-ctrl-letter combination i want..
Site Admin

Have you tried to assign these shortcuts via Tools->Settings->Shortcuts tab ?
I hope there is no problem Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

That's what i'm getting at, its *IMPOSSIBLE* to map anything to Alt-C! Try it out. Its because the shortcut dialog box has Alt-O,Alt-C and Alt-H mapped, so trying to enter Alt-C will CLOSE the dialog box...
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Ouch, I just realized what you talked about.
Thanks.
Will be fixed soon.
Meanwhile you can edit these shortcuts manually,
they are stored in phpedxml.cfg. Open this file in your favorite xml editor and edit appropriate tags.
Veteran

ah! i was looking for a config file to no avail. Thanks, will manually edit for now..
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

For anyone needing to hardcode shortcut keys like myself, i had to set the shortcut to the combo i wanted for the letter BEFORE or AFTER the one i wanted. Then +1 or -1 from the shortcut value to get the right mapping.
You can put in whatever you want for the node value (Alt+C) but it won't do you any good unless you have the right shortcut bitmask.

ie: Alt+C =

Code:
<acFileClose displayname="Close" imgindex="89" shortcut="32835">Alt+C</acFileClose>
key shortcuts