NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
CVS and PHPEd

Hello,
I would like to use CVS with PHPEd, but have no clue Question how to set it up - wrt repository etc. The documentation is geared for experts. Anyway I couldn't figure it out.

So I decided to go download CVSNT - before intalling it - (I'm asssuming it has an install program etc.) Before installing it wanted to check if it would work with PHPED or not? If it does not work - is there a another package with installer out there that I can use.

If people don't want recommend a certain brand - are there features I should look for to insure compatability with PHPEd.

Thanks in advance.
JS
Site Admin

CVS is a 3rd party tool and you'd take a look at their site and their docs on how to set up repositories and perform other admin's tasks.

Regarding CVSNT as a server tool, it's known to work. Please don't create repository in a directory path containing space(s). With the rest, I believe there shouldn't be any problems. Both PSERVER and SSH (EXT) methods work good.

Regarding cvs client (cvs.exe) please keep using one supplied with phped.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
CVS and PHPEd