NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Wrong error parsing an html tag generated with php <?=

Hi!

The IDE erroneously reports an "unexpected space, expecting string" error at </ when seeing this kind of code in a php file:
Code:
?>
         <<?=$litag;?>>
            <a id="menupack" onclick="packmenu();">Riduci menu</a>
         </<?=$litag;?>>
<?php

This is not an error, but simply a tag which is generated of a different type according to other parameters.

I don't know if this is a case that can be correctly recognized / simply ignored , but I'm sure this is not an error nor in php nor in html! Smile

Last edited by ShoresOfNowhere on Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Sorry, just adding that this is still present in build 20034

Another similar case:

Code:
<input type="text" class="text" style="width:99%;" <?=$cfg_nameattrib;?>="objConfig_Azienda" value="<?=_htmlspecialchars($objConfig->Azienda);?>" title="">

In this case error "unexpected= , expecting > or /> or <" is placed on the space between width:99%;" and <?= , and another 2 errors "unexpected string, expecting end of file" are placed just before value= and title= .
Site Admin

Right, you can dynamically generate HTML, CSS or JS, but it does not mean that that parser can or should recognize what you're doing. It does not run your php script. Technically, litag can be anything, including being empty. So there are cases when your generated HTML would be incorrect.
I'd suggest to use templates, generate all dynamic content with them and leave HTML, CSS and JS files static. If you're not familiar with templates, you can check, for instance PHP-Smarty.

I understand that the HTML parser cannot determine what will be printed here, since, as you said, it doesn't run the PHP code, but I think it should just IGNORE what is there, just accepting that something will be printed here by php, as it simply ignores the php code which is inside.

On the other hand, can you consider making this error just a warning when it detects that what he's trying to validate is outside the scope of HTML and would be produced by PHP?
Site Admin

it _will_ ignore if you put complete construct (tag in this case) inside PHP, like <html><?php echo "<$mytagname blah blah blah>" ?>...

Ok, thanks for answering, I'll do just that!
Wrong error parsing an html tag generated with php <?=