NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
V18 and the Code Navigator

I just installed the latest version of phped (v17 r18014 64bit), and am now noticing that the Code Navigator takes an excessively long time to populate when i open up a file that contains a lot of functions. Previously it used to populate and display a list of functions for me instantly upon opening a file, but now it seems to take upwards of 3 to 5 seconds. I realize this still isn't that long, but it is actually a bit annoying because of the delay.

Also, in the settings I have Code Collapse turn on upon opening a file, and the Collapse action seems to occur right after the Code Navigator populates. So now with both things taking upwards of 5 seconds, it is really inconvenient because within that short period of time I have already started focusing on segments of code, only to have the collapse occur and it all disappears.

Hopefully this makes sense. Seeing as I have a personal license, I cant submit a support ticket as they wont work with me at all. Hopefully someone out here in the forums sees the same problem and might have a solution to fix it.

Further to my issues now with the Code Navigator and Code Collapse, I am now running into the occasional Crash Report upon starting up PhpEd in the morning. Twice now I went through the routine of emailing in the Crash Report, but it has started to become a more frequent problem. Previous to v18, none of these issues were present.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Im surprised this issue isnt affecting anyone else. I use the Code Navigator pane all the time to see a list of functions in a file and quickly navigate around but with the current problem it is almost un-useable. I wish I could talk with nusphere on this, but my license doesnt cover submitting a bug to them to get fixed.
V18 and the Code Navigator