NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to disable HTML error highlighting in tags with phpcode?

I'm currently evaluating PhpED (16.0, 16047) and trying to find a way to disable HTML error highlighting for "embedded" php code snippets, but i had no success so far...

Code:

<html lang="<?= $app->language ?>">
//error highlighting: the lang attribute appears to specify an invalid language code "        ".

<a href="<?= $model->someUrl ?>">Something</a>
//The href attribute for this a element has an invalid value "           ".

This is pretty annoying, if you are working in files where the highlighter reports hundreds of errors, painting your code red.
Where do i find the checkbox which says "Ignore foreign code" or something similar...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
thies
Guru master

It could be related to CSE HTML Validator. PhpED comes with a 'lite' version of HTML Validator, I have the full paid-for version which PhpED also supports. I've found the full version to be very worthwhile having and it can do useful validations on rendered pages.

CSE HTML Validator has a huge number of validation options, have a look in Tools > Settings > Tools > External tools then click on Options.

The validation messages have numbers in front of them, such as:

Code:
[90] The "lang" attribute appears to specify an invalid language code

In the HTML Validator options there is a Flags section, so if you untick flag 90 then that validation will no longer appear.

I'm not sure if the lite version has less options than the full version, but there are some significant differences.

Ah ok, I found the CSE HTML Validator Options, but it seems the lite version (included into PhpEd) doesn't seem to have the "Flags"-Section...

But thank you very much for your response!
Guru master

You could disable HTML Validator by removing the executable name from next to the options.

Alternatively, you might find a config file for HTML Validator where you can manually adjust the settings.

You could even buy a copy Wink It works great as a standalone validator and is very useful.

Just found a comparison chart for it https://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/comparisonchart.html
How to disable HTML error highlighting in tags with phpcode?