NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Very strange freezing! Amaizing bug!

Hello.
I think it started few month ago. When i edit php code the IDE syntax parser is frozen for 1-10 seconds before show the updated marks (error highlight, Code Navigator etc.). Also it's freeze when i click to any variable, IDE highlight other places with this variable only after 5-10 seconds, sometimes after 20 seconds!!! Even in small projects WITH 1 PHP FILE!!!

What is that? How to fix?
It is very annoying and slowing down work!

Programm is installed on Samsung 850 EVO SSD Drive.
Any other program is working blazing fast on my PC.
Only PHPED is freezing!!!

PHPED 18.00, Build 18035, 64 bit.
Windows 10.

I was send information about my problem to support via contact page.
No answer from support for 10 days!!!

No answer from support for 23 days!!!

I've been wondering about it too. I'm reluctant to renew my support since Nusphere seems to have gone quiet. Given how they STILL sell copies of NuCoder despite it only supporting up to PHP 5.3, I doubt we'd ever hear a peep from them if they stopped development of PHPEd. I really love the software and have been using it for many years, but I'm really close to uninstalling it and forgetting about it forever.

i am already migrated to another IDE. Adieu!

- ____ -

Yes. I was migrate to phpstrom. "Project" and "Structure" panels is very similar to "Workspace" and "Code Navigator". For snippets exist plugin in theirs repository.

I have also since version 18.0 the freezing problem. But much longer. After every simple code change it is frozen for some minutes.
My last subsription has ended with build 18014. But the support could not give me any guarantee that a newer build does fix this problem. So it was for me useless to renew it.
Guru master

I also get freezing issues. Some are whilst editing (code completion) or debugging and I've no idea what causes those.

If you use frameworks such as Magento 2, stay away from the Immediate panel. Anything in there which can cause an object to be displayed can cause significant hanging; 5 minutes or more. If you don't want to lose your place after a long debug session, you have to wait. That's on a 12 core 3.2GHz with 16GB memory.

PhpED does not appear to cope well with debugging objects that have any sort of recursive references. Bit of a shame because I find Immediate really useful for debugging and it is (was?) one of PhpED's significant benefits.

On the other hand, I find PhpStorm not very good for debugging Yii projects because it interferes with the way Yii implements objects and causes them to load prematurely. PhpED works fine with Yii.

Hi Guys,
when I start it in Windows 8 compatibility mode seems it to be much faster. Maybe a solution but must test it more intensive.
Site Admin

I'm sorry that our support was not responding in September. We had a failure of mail delivery started approx in August. All mails sent from [Contact Support] page on shop.nusphere.com site didn't work, while [Contact Us] page on www.nusphere.com worked pretty fine -- that'ts why we noticed the problem too late after one customer contacted sales. Btw I highly recommend to contact sales if you can't get response from support in 1-2 days, except weekends of course. Anyway, the problem was fixed and you're welcome to contact support using either of the ways.
RE freezing, that's not acceptable, no doubts. We'll fix it. All we need is to reproduce the problem, and I'll highly appreciate if someone contact us, provide a sample or steps necessary to reproduce the problem.