NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Very long time for scanning

Hello,

when I open a Nusphere project the software takes a very long time to scan the directory where more than some thousand files of different projects are stored.
Unfortunately the software Scrictcase uses this path too to store backups and temporary files.

Is this process of scanning necessary ?
It's hard to work with Nusphere if I have to wait more than 20 mintes before I can start debugging.

My server is Windows 2008 WEB Server with 4 CPU and a lot of memory ...

Best regards
Uwe Pfeiffer
Guru master

Scanning at some point is essential. Sometimes PhpED does a scan when I open a project, but I don't think it always scans. I'm not sure what triggers it to do an automatic scan. Maybe if it sees files that were modified since the last scan? If you are using ScriptCase then that could be the reason you keep getting re-scans.

So you might be able to compare with your scan times, I mostly use PhpED running on a virtual machine (Windows 2003 with 4 cores @ 2.26GHz and 4GB memory) and that scans a project with 19,000 files (136MB) in 1 minute 45 seconds. I closed and re-opened that project and it did not scan it again.

Are there any files or directories you can hide from the project using Project Properties?
Guru master

New feature in PhpED 6.2 that was released today:

Quote:
Fast Loading/Unloading of Workspaces with auto update. PhpED 6.2 comes with fast loading of Workspaces and automatic update of the Workspaces for the changes made in files both inside and outside of PHP Editor/IDE

Maybe that will improve things for you?
[resolved] Very long time for scanning