NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Version control system

Good day

Tried to use CVS for version control and collided with a number of inconveniences. We'll talk with my partner and we decided to make our version control system. The idea to make FTP proxy that tracks changes to files, but to me it seemed too complicated in design. I looked in the settings tab Integration IDE and found a few interesting options, but the right did not find one.

How do I specify an external program to run immediately after sending the file to the FTP server? Maybe once, through the Integration tab in the settings PHPEd.

And yet it would be good to have a way to force the IDE to upload a certain file from the server.

Interestingly, or whether it is possible to do this now or it will be possible to hope that such opportunities will appear in the future.
Git Please!

We use git, and most shops here in San Francisco are.

Would be great to have some kind of integration.

Thanks!

I tried to use the GIT, and it did not like me too. I need some kind of simple system which will just download the files that changed my partner. Can give something that?

It would be great if the tab integration settings have an option "run after upload". Then I had been able to make a system which would be recorded log files uploaded through FTP.

It would be sweet if phpED some how logged and stored all the changed to the files so you could quickly go reverse in time to locate when a change was made.

Like you could set how long to store the backup data sets and turn on a monitor on a project. Like a mac like time machine deal.

jozwikjp wrote:
It would be sweet if phpED some how logged and stored all the changed to the files so you could quickly go reverse in time to locate when a change was made.

agreed that would be very sweet - or even just logged the changes.

The simplest solution I've found so far is two utilies called "History Explorer" and "Beyond Compare" - the first tracks versions and the second compares them - very simple to use and great when you don't want/need the complexity/power of proper RCS/CVS etc.
Version control system