NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
v9 and Snippet Panel!

Hip Hip! Hurray! Razz
Hip Hip! Hurray! Razz
Hip Hip! Hurray! Razz

Well, almost.

Nice panel! Thanks!

Now, how do I "import" my several dozen "Code Templates" from version 8?

IMPORT -> phped.cfg did not work for me.

OK, not to gripe (too much), in previous versions, "Code Templates" had (a sort of) "marco completion" type feature; type the NAME, hit ctl-J and the snippet magically appeared!

I know that the new snippets have a keyboard short cut feature, but does it have a "marco completion" type feature similar to previous versions? (I know some people are never happy! Wink )

Thanks!

As a follow up...

The DOUBLE-CLICK behavior of opening the EDIT dialog for a template is unexpected.

I was expecting the template code to be placed at the cursor point in my source code upon template DOUBLE-CLICK

Yes, I know, click and drag is how it operations (along with a keyboard short cut), just saying what my expected behavior was.

This took me by surprise.

Thanks

Walter
Site Admin

normally you write the template name in the editor and press Ctrl-J to expand it to the body of template, or you write nothing and pick template from the popup list invoked with same Ctrl-J. Yes you can drag the template into the editor from panel, but it's not too productive as well as double-clicking would be should we implement it as template insert.