NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
using with mysql

I am evaluating phpdock. I do not see any use for Php in true desktop apps, but it would be great for thin clients connected to the distant server database - no html transferred, just data, faster response.

So far I failed to use phpdock with mysql . I have added the row

extension=php_mysql.dll

to the php.ini, coppied the php_mysql.dll into the extensions folder and coppied the libmysql.dll into the php folder. I have used the binnaries comming with nusphere.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() ...

Any ideas?

solved: needed tp replace all files in the php folderfrom single distribution source, not just the mysql libs + edit the php.ini
Site Admin

probably, for the first time you took wrong php_mysql.dll distributed with different php version or you edited php.ini in the location where php did not pick it up. To resolve it you'd need to run phpinfo(), make sure that the system did not override your php.ini location and if so, edit php.ini in the right place. Phpinfo also shows php version and therefore you will know what version php_mysql.dll should be of.