NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Using PHP 7.1 with TechPlatform

Hello,

I am working on a couple of customer website projects and both customers have decided that PHP 7.1 is their PHP version of choice. Both of these project are using Joomla 3.x

I want to set up a development environment on my private development server that uses, as much as possible, PHPEd "Out of the Box" or a minimum of customization as I can.

TechPlatform 13 is configured to use PHP 5.4.28.

After reviewing and searching through the forums and other information I found one suggestion to use XAMPP, but the current version of XAMPP uses MariaDB and when I tried connecting PHPEd to it I could not find the correct DLL to place in the MariaDB folder to allow PHPEd to connect. Besides not really interested in using XAMPP as I said I want as generic an environment as possible using PHPEd and TechPlatform.

Most if the messages and notes I have found seem to be two years old or older so my question is; is it possible to upgrade the PHP Version in TechPlatform to version 7.1 without breaking or going though a major project to do so?

Thank you

David
Site Admin

we're going to update in this Fall

Any update as to when the Tech Platform will be updated?
Using PHP 7.1 with TechPlatform