NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Using Imagemagick

I'm trying to use Imagemagick in a PHP script. I've downloaded all the DLLs and put php_imagick.dll in the php82\extensions folder. I've added the extension in php.ini (extension=php_imagick.dll and extension=imagick). If I create a php script and instantiate a new imagick object ($im = new Imagick()Wink, the popup help recognises it and will display the class methods & preperties. If I try to run the script in the debugger I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "Imagick" not found in C:\PHP Web Site\Test.php:2 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\PHP Web Site\Test.php on line 2

I've tried searching on how to set up ImageMagick in php and it looks like other people have had problems with it. I'm currently using the latest version of PhpEd on Windows 10. I've tried putting the various DLLs in differnt locations but with no success.

Has anyone managed to install it successfully and if so, what else do I need to do?

Did a bit more digging and found this in the Windows event log:-

php[9704]
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20210902
PHP compiled with module API=20220829
These options need to match
("C:\Program Files\NuSphere\PhpED\php82\php-cgi.exe")

I'm assuming that I need a different build of PHP? Not sure where to go with this.
Site Admin

you can't just copy php extension DLL from one version to another. API is different and it would crash anyway. To prevent this, the loader just checks API version the DLL built with and compares with the running php core. If they don't match, it unloads the DLL. That's it.
As of where to pick this dll up, normally you'd get 3rd parties from PECL web site https://pecl.php.net/package/imagick . The only problem -- seems the DLL is not updated for more than a year. You can try some other web sites, but I doubt you can trust them fully.

I realise that I can't use That DLL because of the different API version. I've been looking for a compatible one but haven't found one yet. I was wondering if anyone else has.
Site Admin

all official builds of 3rd party PECL extensions for Windows can be downloaded from the link below
https://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/releases/
If one is not available from this web site, you can ask maintainers in the corresponding php newsgroups https://pecl.php.net/support.php
As far as I can tell, the latest imagic is 3.7 for php-8.1 -- https://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/releases/imagick/3.7.0/

Thanks. I've just posted something on on eof the newsgroups. I'll see what I get from there.
using Imagemagick

This isn't anything to do with imagemagick. Are you posting to the wring topic?
Site Admin

spammer was deleted...