NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Using Encoded Files on Shared Hosting?

I've been trying to find a great PHP encoding solution and it seems like all of them need some kind of loader. I have no problem with a loader unless it needs to be installed by a sys admin or something because I'm using a shared hosting environment. I didn't think Nu-Shpere needed one until I use the demo copy and it says it needs a loader. So my question is, can I use this loader on a shared hosting system where I don't have access to install anything? And if I can, where are the directions for loading the loader in this type of environment? In the instruction manual under 5.2 it says the instructions are in 8.2. However, when I go to 8.2 it's talking about a license. I don't know if I already have the loader files or if I need to download them separately (which wouldn't make sense). The whole thing is confusing. Heh. What I need is an easy bullet list of the procedure from A -> Z the looks something like this:

WINDOW PROCEDURE:
1. install demo
2. open cmd prompt
3. encode files like so: nu-coder -r source_directory target_directory
4. get loader files from XXX
5. ftp loader files to hosting server into XXX directory
6. ftp encoded files to hosting server
7. done!

Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you.

- Bryant
Site Admin

Quote:
4. get loader files from XXX

The loader is PhpExpress. It plays two roles: accelerating your php, and loading encoded scripts.
It is shipped with NuCoder in the loader subdirectory.

Quote:
In the instruction manual under 5.2 it says the instructions are in 8.2. However, when I go to 8.2 it's talking about a license

Sorry, it should refer to 9.2, not 8.2
Part#9 describes how to deploy encoded files.

Quote:
I have no problem with a loader unless it needs to be installed by a sys admin or something because I'm using a shared hosting environment.

Depending on your hosting plan you may have access to php.ini or not. Please check this with your hosting company. It's always better to have loader installed in php.ini. If the loader is not installed, the encoded scripts will search for loader and load it. It works with all php versions up to 5.2.4, unless dl() function is explicitly prohibited in php configuration. With 5.2.5 and above, dl still works but requres all the modules to be in the directory specified by extension_dir setting.