NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
"Usage" stats on functions and classes

In Code Explorer, it would be great for PhpED to display "usage statistics" on functions and classes (like it does with variables). I could see this be really handy in finding functions and classes that are defined but not used. I wouldn't go as far as doing that for CSS classes and ids, just PHP would IMHO be plenty.

Quote:
like it does with variables

I didn't know there is such an option. I just checked and it says nothing but defined here at line xxx.

hehe.. oops.. yes... phped newbie here... *puts foot in mouth*. you're right.. it tells you where the variables are _defined_. Big difference. Nevertheless, it would be nice if phped could somehow tell you how often a function or class is used. I tend to leave things lay around until I'm absolutely sure they're no longer of any use.

I've found a different way already for that though.. Search in Files and then make it search all the files in the project. That works good too Smile but can be a pain if you're talking loads of classes/functions.
Veteran

This would be excellent functionality for code refactoring. Right now I think most of us do as you say: Search in Files Smile.
"Usage" stats on functions and classes