NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Upload / Public / Sync to LAN..

Hi Guys

We currently have the ability to publish files by uploading them etc - but not everybody uses FTP, our servers are tied into our network via VPN and accessed as LAN resources (mapped drives etc).

I'd like to have the ability to publish the files locally, i.e. so they get copied or sync'd to another location on the LAN.

Cheers

I would also appreciate this feature since some of my projects have a similar setup.

if your using a mapped drive to a share, just map it with a drive letter and use that drive letter in the root directory in the project settings. it's not fast via a VPN but it works fine.

stappel wrote:
if your using a mapped drive to a share, just map it with a drive letter and use that drive letter in the root directory in the project settings. it's not fast via a VPN but it works fine.

I don't see how this would help with pushing files from our dev server to the live server, could you expand a little on this?
Site Admin

IMHO what stappel meant is to work on the live server directly.
It may be not a good idea to work this way especially if you need to debug files first. On the other hand, it would simplify the process.
Personally, I'd prefer to work with dev server first Smile

It looks like this issue is still open.

Is it possible to sync with local network?
View user's profileFind all posts by konixnetSend private messageVisit poster's website

Nope its not been implemented yet, I've got so fed up with copying files accross with explorer i've setup an FTP server on the destination box Very Happy

Well this should be a priority 'cos synchronization over LAN should not be so much of the trouble. It would be good to flag some files out of sync, cloak them just for testing porpoise.
View user's profileFind all posts by konixnetSend private messageVisit poster's website
Upload / Public / Sync to LAN..