NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Upgrading linux debug module from v2.11.23 to v2.16.14

I am trying to upgrade my Linux debugger to the latest build (2.16.14). I have been running version 2.11.23 which my web host installed for me. I have a feeling they somehow compiled the old version into PHP statically because I copied the new module into the extensions directory and changed my php.ini, but I'm still seeing the old debugger version show up in phpinfo(). I'm also confused by my php.ini settings I have two places where the debug module is specified:

Quote:
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_extension="/usr/lib/debug.so-4.3.9"
extension=debug.so-4.3.9

Then further down I have:
Quote:
[Debugger]
debugger.enabled=on
debugger.profiler_enabled=on
debugger.hosts_allow=68.35.235.34
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

Here's my phpinfo data:
Quote:
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini
extension_dir /usr/local/lib/php/extensions

DBG php debugger, version 2.11.23, Copyright 2001, 2002, Dmitri Dmitrienko, www.nusphere.com/dbg
Version 2.11.23
Linked as a shared library.
Profiler compiled, enabled

As you can see, I've specified a different location than my default php modules directory for the zend_extension value. This was previously set this way, so I copied the .so to both locations. Also, the previous setting of my zend_extension was set to zend_extension="/usr/lib/debug.so" so I'm not sure if I was even supposed to change that. I'm pretty lost at this point. I've got a call into my ISP for help, but I'd like to get this done tonight if anyone has any suggestions. I have a feeling I'm going to have to edit my PHP makefile and recompile PHP without the static debug library. Does anyone know if I'm anywhere near the mark?

DOH!!! I restarted Apache and now it works! Stupid stupid me.
Site Admin

Please comment out zend_extension="/usr/lib/debug.so-4.3.9"
or extension=debug.so-4.3.9. You should not load the debugger twice.

BTW, zend_extension setting should contain correct path. From your post I see you keep php extension in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions , not in /usr/lib/ as specified in zend_extension= line.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Okay, which line should I comment out? What's the difference between "zend_extension" and "extension" and which one is the correct one to declare the module with?
Site Admin

zend_extension is recommended if you have any other zend extensions loaded with this line. Dbg should be the first in this case. If you have no other libraries loaded with zend_extension you can use any of the ways.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks very much for the info. It looks like I'm going to have to upgrade from php 4.3.9 to 4.3.10 due to the newly discovered vulerabilities in 4.3.9, so this info will come in handy tonight. Do you think there will be a problem using the 4.3.9 debug module or is there a new version I can download from somewhere? Since I just upgraded my copy of PHPed 2 days ago, I'm going to be really angry if I can't get a debug module for 4.3.10.
Upgrading linux debug module from v2.11.23 to v2.16.14