NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[fixed] Upgrade to 5.2 & not preserved settings

Not happy about that! All my code templates, projects, workspaces, db and ftp accounts - gone!
Crying or Very sad
Site Admin

It is just impossible. No settings can be deleted by installer and therefore they are not lost.
Even uninstaller asks for deleting settings and let you leave them intact.

First, check that if you upgraded Phped and installed 5.2 into the same directory.
If you installed into another, it will run its own set of settings.
Feel free to transfer cfg files manually in this case.

I also had to reload my workspace. All the previous "Recent" files & workspaces had disappeared.

And also, the editor shortcuts were set to custom with no shortcuts!

I just installed straight over the top of my previous version, no uninstall, no changing the default options during the install.

In the phped/config folder are all my config files, don't know why they weren't loaded properly.

WinXPSP2.

Well it seems the impossible has occurred - my workspace and project files are intact, actually, but my code templates and accounts are all gone. Bugger!
Where are the code templates normally stored?
Veteran

Actually every time I upgrade PHPEd the workspaces have to be reopened. You don't actually lose any of your workspaces, projects, or code templates. However, settings get reset, the toolbars were back to default, and file associations get wiped. I believe you also lose your custom colour settings but I'm not sure if that still happens in the 5.x series.
Site Admin

you may want to contact support @ nusphere for further info.

Code templates should be in a seperate text file or at least export/import capable!

I restored my code templates by using a backed-up version of phped.cfg
Guru master

Still have all templates, color settings and related, the gui did reset to normal so I had to redo all panels and docking etc... That's 15 minutes of my life down the drain! Hope the upgrade was worth it Razz
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

The problem is that the installer has created a PhpED5.2 key in the registry, rather than reusing the PhpED5.0 key that all the settings were stored in, and it's not copied the settings over from the PhpED5.0 key.

I installed into the *same* folder c:\program files\nusphere\phped - where it always installs.

I'm sorry Dmitri, but in this case the installer has screwed up and does not keep the settings and customisations that we've spent ages setting up. They may be not "lost" in the sense that they are still in the registry, but as PhpED itself can't actually find them, they ARE lost.

If this is going to be the case every time we do an upgrade it's going to get rather annoying - please make sure you fix the installer for next time and save us all a lot of hassle!

Thanks

Oh by the way, on an unrelated note - in the settings dialog, the Tools menu now has an "Extrernal tools" option, rather than "External tools" Smile

When I upgraded to 5.1 it remembered everything.

When I upgraded to 5.2, it forgot my Recent Workspaces, Projects etc, but everything else was fine - (Settings, FTP accounts, DB accounts, Terminal accounts, etc.)
Site Admin

Quote:
When I upgraded to 5.1 it remembered everything

I think you mean that you upgraded 5.0 to 5.0.1 and it's supposed to remember everything as both 5.0 and 5.0.1 keep their settings in phped5.0 registry key. As of 5.2, it creates phped5.2 and work with it.

Quote:
everything else was fine - (Settings, FTP accounts, DB accounts, Terminal accounts, etc.)

it's fixed in v5.2 build 5210
now upgrades are handled much smoother Smile