NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
upgrade

Searching for 'upgrade' in these forums came up blank, so...

I'm running a licensed copy of PhpEd 5.5 on Windows xp

How do I upgrade? Should I just download the 5.9 from the site and enter my key?

I don't like the idea of installing 5.9 without knowing that my key for 5.5 will still work.

Do I gotta pay more?

Thanks,

Bagus

With each major revision a new key is generated for your account, and it will work for the new version. This of course assumes you have an active license for upgrades with NuSphere. I have one for PhpEd that I've renewed 3 times, and never had a single problem upgrading.

If you're still on 5.5, I think its safe for me to assume you don't have an active license subscription.

So you may want to stick with 5.5. Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by unarmedmanSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the extra post here but I will post a few frustrations:

Ya know, nothing on the phped site says "check here to see if you an upgrade using your current license."
Nothing says, "if you have a valid license, you can upgrade your old version by downloading the trial version...."

Simple things hopefully. Or maybe I haven't found the right link for this information on the site yet.

I believe I've used this key for a upgrade to 5.6 on my box at work, but am now trying to upgrade the box at home.

Well, currently under the purchase options for PhpEd it reads:

"Get PhpED Professional - world famous IDE for php development. Comes with 1 year of free upgrades and technical support. Please ask sales about non-profit and academic pricing."

I think that's been there, as I've used PhpEd since 5.3. But maybe more clarification in the My NuSphere section of the site would be helpful too!
View user's profileFind all posts by unarmedmanSend private messageVisit poster's website

I just have been enjoying 5.6 so much, I haven't even thought of upgrading.

Thanks PHPEd!
upgrade