NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

plugnplay wrote:
You can be reasonably sure that no other software company would; they would almost certainly ask you to pay for an upgrade.

You're right. No software company, ever, has patched their older software /s

Of course companies patch/update their older software. But not many of them in the same context as what we are discussing here.

Where a problem is noticed in an older version after a newer version is released, most software companies will implement fixes only in the current/new versions and will not retrospectively back-port fixes into the older version.

I've got many applications installed that never received another bug fix after the new version is released.

It is just unfortunate that in this case the bug is causing a message dialog to appear once a day. Come to think of it I do have an application that does something very similar and I've got so used to automatically clicking OK on it every morning I'd forgotten.

ricktu wrote:
probc2 wrote:
I could just imagine what their support department is replying back to you with as well "send screenshots", and "we cant reproduce the problem". I've been down that path a number of times with them on various bugs with virtually no resolution.

Actually they did respond when I contacted them about it. They said they knew about the bug and it has been fixed in the latest version but they would not fix it in my version (14) because work on it has been closed off.

While I can appreciate that pretty much all development companies close off development work at some point for past versions they have an awful lot of their customers still working on versions 14 and 15 however this is a major bug that is causing them to lose goodwill with their customers so not fixing it is a bad business decision. Especially when it must be a very minor fix. Comment out the line of code that opens the reminder if they wanted to be quick about it.

I can also understand why they made such a decision. If they have fixed it in their latest version then it's good. I'm not saying it is a good decision, although I think it is a risky one, for those who are bothered by the bug they would have to ultimately choose whether to upgrade or switch.

version 16 did not remove this bug. I have phped 16 and clicking the checkbox on the popup reminder does nothing to stop it from popping up again next time i open phped (some minutes after). please fix ... Crying or Very sad
Site Admin

What build of v16 are you using?
What is shown on the popup? Is it about new build each time or about the same?

i have version 16.0 build 16060.
popup message says: "New version is available: version 17.0 build 17022". and it shows my currently installed version/build.
thanks.
Site Admin

the latest v16 is 16063