NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Upgrade reminder not stopping.

Is anyone else having this problem. I have version 14 and have no plans to upgrade as there is nothing in the later versions I would use. However every single bloody day I get the annoying popup telling me there is a new version. I deselect the remind me later and close the window and it comes back the next day anyway. I also turn off check for a new version in settings and it still comes back and not only that turns the check for new version back on.

Not earth shattering I know but irritating all the same. I hate pushy marketing especially when I tell it to stop. Does anyone have any ideas to stop it without forking out the money?

No responses at all? Not even from the message I put through to support. This is really starting to jack me off. It wouldn't be so bad if the message was the second you started the program but it pops up several minutes after you start so I am usually busy typing away when it interrupts.
Guru master

Might well be a bug. I just tested v15 and turned off the upgrade reminder using the tickbox, but in the registry it still shows a value that indicates it might still check for new versions.

Try going into Tools > Settings > IDE > IDE Settings then untick the option for Check for new version.

When I unticked that, it did change the registry value.

plugnplay wrote:
Might well be a bug. I just tested v15 and turned off the upgrade reminder using the tickbox, but in the registry it still shows a value that indicates it might still check for new versions.

Try going into Tools > Settings > IDE > IDE Settings then untick the option for Check for new version.

When I unticked that, it did change the registry value.

I did that too but it either turns the setting back on during the next startup or else it doesn't actually make the registry change. I've heard back from support and unfortunately as ver 14 is closed off for any development the bug won't be fixed so I have to live with it. They did say it's fixed in future versions but thats a lot of money to pay just to bypass that dialogue box. 15+ seems to be just framework support which is of no use to me.

Thanks for checking out your version for me though. Much appreciated.

> 15+ seems to be just framework support which is of no use to me

Finally someone said it.
Upgrade reminder not stopping.