NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Unusal Ding when starting up

Since updating the the new 5.9 version every time is start up PhpEd I get a Ding sound from my speakers as though an error has occurred.
I have looked through as much as I can but have yet to find anything wrong or giving an error message.

Anyone else had this?

Build version 5.9 (5913)

--John

Same thing here, and I'm using build 5914. This product seems to be getting worse with every new release. They seem to love adding marketable features, while not really giving a crap about fixing bugs and improving the general quality of their product.
Guru master

Claims like that are not really constructive and far from the truth IMHO. They have been working extremely hard to get PHP5.3 and so on done and those are huge changes. It's pretty normal that it takes a few builds for the dust to settle again after something like that. Even the most elaborate testsuite does not account for every single situation. So if you really want to help, mail their support department with your issues, I'm sure they'll be eager to help you and solve them.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Wardrop wrote:
Same thing here, and I'm using build 5914. This product seems to be getting worse with every new release. They seem to love adding marketable features, while not really giving a crap about fixing bugs and improving the general quality of their product.

I certainly don't think that either. While it has taken a bit of reading the help at times to work out how to do things it has more than lived up to what I purchased it for.
Guru master

As you can see... Build 5915 has been released and guess what's in the releaselog?
Quote:
0002958: [Bug report] IDE will play Ding sound upon startup

Seems that's solved.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

The point I'm trying to make is, they're so eager to get every release out the door, that obvious bugs such as a suspicious ding on startup some how make it through testing. In fact, I sometimes wonder if they even use their own product.
Veteran

Well, I guess it was not quite so obvious - at least on my system there was no "ding". You can't eliminate bugs that you don't know of because they don't turn up on your system...

Cheers,
Jan

I thought it applied to every system with sound and the default windows sound profile.
Veteran

Wardrop wrote:
I thought it applied to every system with sound and the default windows sound profile.

Well, I do have a functioning sound card, the Windows wave files are where they should be, the sound profile is the default one - and I can assure you that there was no sound whatsoever caused by PhpED 5.9.5913 on my system.

Cheers,
Jan
Unusal Ding when starting up