NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[solved] undefined symbol: compiler_globals in Unknown on

Trying to load the debug extension dbg-php-5.4.so i get this error:

Code:

18-Oct-2012 13:59:36 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/srv/dev/lib/php/extensions/dbg-php-5.4.so' - /srv/dev/lib/php/extensions/dbg-php-5.4.so: undefined symbol: compiler_globals in Unknown on line 0

Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Wed May 12 18:03:14 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last edited by wbr on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
solved

Oh well it was my fault. I compiled a new Apache 2.4.3 with the same configure options I used on the 2.2.x releases.
Later I built php 5.4.7 with the same configure options as last time. I didn't recognize php was built thread safe.
Therefor of course the non threadsafe module of the debugger didn't work...

My apologies...
Site Admin

FYI: threadsafe php under linux is supported and debuger modules are available (see *_ts subdirectories). The only thing -- PHP core developers do not recommend this configuration for Unix/Linux considering it experimental.

I'm just wondering why PHP 5.4.7 was built thread safe. I used the same configure options i was using for build 5.3.6.

Code:

./configure -prefix=/srv/www --with-kerberos --with-imap --with-imap-ssl --with-apxs2=/srv/www/apache/bin/apxs --with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir --with-gd --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-curl=/usr --with-gettext --with-config-file-path=/srv/www/etc --enable-ftp --enable-mbstring --enable-bcmath --with-xmlrpc --with-pcre-regex --enable-soap --enable-sockets --disable-debug --disable-cgi --with-mcrypt --with-pdo-mysql --with-openssl --with-snmp --enable-calendar
Site Admin

perhaps it is a bug in configure.in
or it "found out" that you're using multithreaded Apache MPM and switched on threadsafe feature for you on its own