NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Unable to integrate newest polystyle formatter with PhpED

Running into bit of a problem with integration of Polystyle 4.0d withPhpED. I don't think it is a problem with polystyle since I can run it successfully from the command line as well as from the windows shell.

I'm using Windows-7 32bit. I've installed Polystyle in my user directory instead of "Program Files" to avoid user access control issues.

The issue is that PhpEd produces a DLL error when it is run from PhpEd with the pre-integrated menu item called "Format Text with PolyStyle". The error is "Unable to find/load XKRN31532.DLL (referenced from C:\Users\MyUser\Polystyle\internal\polystyleRunner.exe)" Then some blurb about using JetPack II or checking the documentation for it.

Okay, fine, I think then I can work around this by creating a new custom integration menu. SO I go to settings/integration, add a new menu and customize. I add the appropriate command line, etc. When I run this command polystyle runs just fine, but then PhpEd complains file is externally modified.

I can live with my workaround, but I'm hoping somebody has a solution to use the built-in integration.

Thanks.
Re: Unable to integrate newest polystyle formatter with PhpE

snorkelbuckle wrote:

I can live with my workaround, but I'm hoping somebody has a solution to use the built-in integration.

An update, I can't live with this workaround because I find that this way polystyle makes a change to the file on disk and then I lose the changes I've made in PhpEd.
Guru master

And when you turn on the options:

Work with editor > Take Input from > Whole file

and

Work with editor > Return results to editor

Does that work? I thought there also was an option to have PhpED save your file first but it seems there is not. You also have the "Auto refresh editor" option if you don't want the changed file dialog.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
And when you turn on the options:

Work with editor > Take Input from > Whole file

and

Work with editor > Return results to editor

Does that work? I thought there also was an option to have PhpED save your file first but it seems there is not. You also have the "Auto refresh editor" option if you don't want the changed file dialog.

Brilliant!

Missed that entirely, I guess I should have scrolled a little bit down further on the option dialog window.

Thanks!
Unable to integrate newest polystyle formatter with PhpED