NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Unable To Install PhpEd

Whenever I want to install PhpED it shows an “error opening file for writing” error in Windows 10. I don’t know why this error shows, and how to fix this issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Site Admin

What file does it fail to open for writing?
Try to run installer with /LOG=C:\Users\MyAccountName\log.txt option (where myaccountname is your account name, so the target directory is 100% writable) and check what preceded the issue.
Check if file can be open for writing -- e.g. correct access permissions are set for parent directory.
You can also try to reboot.

Thanks for replying. I'm sorry for not applying the processes you mentioned. But I am trying to apply your processes. Then let you know.
Re: Unable To Install PhpEd

Garyvance wrote:
Whenever I want to install PhpED it shows an “error opening file for writing” error in Windows 10. I don’t know why this error shows, and how to fix this issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hello. Follow the link bellow:
Site Admin

thank for posting https://digicruncher.com/error-opening-file-for-writing/
I think that there are too many variants on this post and some of them are rather unsafe.
If setup is run with /LOG="c:\path\to\log.txt" option, this log will show what exact file caused the problem and at what stage. No need to guess, no need to iterate through all the variants.

BTW In 99% reboot helps -- especially if there is some process in background like PhpED itself remained from, for example, previous installation.